Marina
It was another Saturday evening. I had just gotten off of work, and was lying on my bed listening to some R&B, and checking my Facebook. My mom walked into my bedroom with a discusted look on her face.

"You call this music?" asked my mom, "turn it down." She then look around my bedroom, eyes like a hawk, eyeing the mess that I had created. "Marina, were you raised in a barn? Keep your bedroom clean. How many times do I have to tell you!" my mom said with a raised voice.

I did as my mother asked. I cleaned my room. As I finished cleaning my room 'Burn it to the ground' by Nickelback started playing, and I answered my phone. When the person on the other end said hello, I knew right away that it was my best friend. We decided that we were going to go out for dinner. But of course, I had no money.
"Can I please borrow some money for dinner tonight please?"
"No," Mom quickly replied, "do you think I am made of money?"
"Why not?" I whined
"Because I said so."
I went back into my bedroom to change my clothes. When I came out to get a glass of water, my mom was staring at me.
"You're not going out in that, are you?"
"Yes. I am."
"No you are not," my mom fired back, "go and change. While you live under my roof, you will follow my rules."

I stormed back into my room, and slammed my door. As the door slammed, I heard a bone chilling crack, and my heart stopped. As I turned around, I realized I had split my door. My mom came running down the hallway.

"You just wait until your father hears about this. You are grounded!" my mom yelled
"But mom! I am an adult. Stop treating me like a child. I yelled back
"I'll treat you like an adult when you start acting like one," she said on her way out the door, and mustered under her breath, "I hope you have children just like you one day."

Just then my dad walked in the door. I went into my bedroom. My parents started talking about what had just happened.

"Well honey, the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree," I heard my dad say with a chuckle.
0 Responses

Post a Comment